Wednesday 9 April 2014

Do you feel this way too?

Social isolation --Have you too felt like this? I know that this is part of my issue around “where do I go when I’ve been everywhere and nothing really appeals to me anymore?  I can take it or mostly leave it.  All I can think about is big huge projects that take other people’s time and focus and bother.  I feel like I am bothering people but I want my life to get going and get off it’s butt so to speak.  I wonder if the feeling that “I am broken” ties in here.?  We need a breakthrough and don’t know how to get it.  You would think it would be enough that I know what I want - I.F. and a new home - but it’s not that simple apparently.   

I also want real purpose in helping others.  I would like to have “real things” to do that are purposeful.  Some of these things might include:
  • Going to colleges and assisting other disabled people or the students.  I am doing some of that by speaking to classes every year but it’s minimal.
  • In the past I had people over to my home and let them speak about their independence versus my independence and I got them to ask me questions and think about their own personal lives.  Are there people out there who would be interested in this type of situation.  I personally would like to do this again. 
  • A small church / bible study / home group in my home once a week (evenings)
  • I would also feel more like I'm helping if people would comment on my blog posts, emails and Facebook posts.

Things I would like to change in my life:

  • A larger home
  • Individualized Funding (I.F.)
It is all so simple really.  I am sure there are others out there who feel like I do.  Please comment so we can help each other and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment